How to find grants and bursaries for adult learners in the UK

Adult learners can apply for grants and bursaries to help pay for courses and training. Usually, you don’t have to pay this money back.

For most grants and bursaries you apply directly to the organisation that gives them out. They’ll have an application form and will be able to tell you if you qualify.

If you’re a parent, you might also be able to get help with childcare costs while you study.

Family Action provides information about education grants and has a grant search.

Course-specific grants

City & Guilds offer bursaries to people who study for a City & Guilds qualification.

Dance and Drama Awards are available at some specialist private schools and help with fees and living costs.

The General Federation of Trade Unions Educational Trust has grants for students of economic theory and history, industrial law and industrial relations.

If you’re training:
for medicine, dentistry or healthcare – you may get an NHS bursary
for social work – you may get a social work bursary
to be a teacher – you can get help with the costs of teacher training

Information from grants for adult-learners


Enhanced Learning and Skills Development

Articles: 15
%d bloggers like this: