The consumer service industry has continued to grow over the years and offers many career opportunities at different levels. There are job options for those considering a career move into customer service and positions are available in almost every industry.
The term, consumer services refers to the provision of support by a seller or the provider of a product or service accords to the consumer or customer and employers for these services include businesses like, call centers, brick-and-mortar and online retailers, credit card companies and agencies, insurance companies, and financial institutions.
Top 10 Customer Service Jobs and average salaries (according to the US Bureau of Labour statistics)
- Call Center Agent – Salary: The median annual salary for a call center agent is $27,664.5
- Client Relations Associate – Salary: The average annual salary for a client relations associate is $48,305.6
- Client Services Coordinator – Salary: The average annual salary for a client services coordinator is $44,040
- Concierge – Salary: The average annual salary for a concierge is $34,023.8
- Customer Service Representative – Salary: According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, the median annual salary for a customer service representative is $35,830.2
- Receptionist – Salary: A receptionist earns a median annual salary of $31,110,
- Member Services Specialist – Salary: Base pay for a member service specialist averages $35,185 per year.
- Patient Care Coordinator – Salary: A patient care coordinator earn an average annual salary of $43,120
- Social Media Customer Care Associate – Salary: The average annual salary for a social media customer care associate is $34,482.12
- Technical Support Representative – Salary: The average annual salary of a technical support representative is $35,027.13